Experts In Knee Conditions and Injuries
Knee pain is a common problem among people of all ages. Knee pain can be due to a sports injury, a work related injury or an existing medical condition. The knee is comprised of many intricate parts including cartilage, bone, tendons, ligaments and fluid. The injury or irritation of even one can lead to relentless pain and even limit physical activity.
Knee Conditions and Knee Injuries Treated at New York Pain Care
Below is a list of Knee Conditions treated at New York Pain Care. Don’t see a condition listed? Contact us to see how we can help you.
What are common Knee Conditions and Knee Injuries?
There are various types of knee conditions and knee injuries that we see at New York Pain Care. The most common knee conditions and knee injuries include:
- Meniscus Tears: A meniscus tear occurs when there is damage to the meniscus, which cushions the knee joint. Common Meniscus Tear causes are sprains and strains from physical activity or a sports injury.
- Ligament Tears: The most common Ligament tears include ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) and MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament) tears. MCL injury common causes include twisting or getting a hit to the side of the knee. ACL injury common causes include landing incorrectly or a direct contact injury.
- Kneecap (Patella) Fracture: A Patella Fracture is when there is broken bone surrounding the patella. Patella fracture common causes include sports injuries and trauma.
- Knee Bursitis: Bursitis of the knee occurs when there is inflammation of the bursa, or fluid sac that cushions the different parts of the knee. Knee Bursitis can be painful and cause swelling and redness. Knee bursitis common causes include sports injuries, trauma, infection or conditions such as arthritis.
- Knee Tendonitis: Tendonitis is inflammation of the tendons in the knee and can cause symptoms such as pain and loss of motion. Tendonitis common causes include sports injuries, trauma or activities that involve repetitive motions.
- Knee Arthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common form of knee arthritis and involves the progressing degeneration of cartilage in the knee. Common symptoms of Knee Arthritis include pain, stiffening, weakness and loss of physical activity.
What do I do if I have a Knee Injury or Knee Condition?
New York Pain Care’s Knee Pain Doctors offer treatment methods customized to the individual patient and may include various non-surgical treatment methods, including Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation. We encourage you to contact us to find relief today.
Call us at 212-604-1300 or request more information using the form above. At New York Pain Care our goal is to get you started on a personalized treatment plan to find relief and get back to what you love doing.